WaveOptics (a Snap inc wholly owned subsidiary) is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) waveguides. Our waveguides have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior display to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
We’re looking for an Equipment Maintenance Technician to join us in Oxfordshire to maintain and service semiconductor manufacturing and process equipment and infrastructure in our Clean Room!
What you’ll do:
- Support and maintain production within the WaveOptics manufacturing team;
- Own preventative and corrective maintenance of semiconductor manufacturing equipment; develop specifications, troubleshooting methodologies, and support systems;
- Respond to breakdowns, troubleshoot and return equipment to production in a timely manner;
- Ensure all equipment is functioning correctly in accordance with specifications to comply with applied standards;
- Effectively troubleshoot control systems, vacuum, electronic, electrical, and mechanical problems;
- Use schematics, tools, and common test equipment for calibration, diagnosis, and repair of equipment;
- Disassemble, adjust, and repair equipment according to maintenance specifications and Original Equipment Manufacturer’s manuals;
- Identify and implement machine improvements to increase efficiency, yield, productivity and reduce operating costs;
- Ensure engineering principles and procedures are adhered to by other employees when operating equipment;
- Develop a positively safe and environmental culture to satisfy ISO 18001 and ISO 140001;
- Supervise and train fellow technicians
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Pro-active and capable of working without direct supervision.
- Can effectively prioritise time and identify and focus on priority issues
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- HNDs or Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Optics or Electrical Engineering
- Prior work experience as a maintenance technician in a similar fabrication environment
- Knowledge of semiconductor, optical devices, optical systems or display technology equipment
- Experience working with vendors to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Experience implementing machine improvements to reduce operating costs
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
At WaveOptics you will be trusted and empowered to deliver interesting and challenging projects.
We have a knowledgeable and diverse team working at the forefront of AR and we value people who share our commitment to innovation. We have received multiple awards, such as SPIE Prism award in 2020 and 2021.
“I decided to join WaveOptics because it is carrying out R&D at the cutting edge of modern nano-photonics. The tasks that we are working on are very challenging and the only way to accomplish them is to work with the best people, and this is exactly how I would describe the team.” ARSENY ALEXEEV, DIRECTOR OF WAVEGUIDE DEVELOPMENT
Perks & Benefits
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Rocket Lawyer memberships
- Financial education programs
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs