WaveOptics is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) waveguides. Our waveguides have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior display to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
Reporting into the Quality Director, you will lead the product quality team in supporting the end-to-end development and manufacture of safe & compliant products that meet our customers’ expectations in terms of quality and performance (including reliability).
You will work closely with the project management team and take responsibility for all aspects of project quality assurance and part approvals including; requirements capture and management, risk management, project metrics, part approval, and validation. You will be working closely with customers, suppliers, production and engineering teams to ensure that the project(s) deliver to meet the customer needs.
- Lead the Product Quality team in the delivery of quality specifications and requirements that ensure our products are safe, compliant and which meet customer expectations of performance, quality and sustainability.
- Provide direction in the origination, accuracy and clarity of product and compliance requirements.
- Lead by example to embed best working practices and communications across all functional teams.
- Maintain product quality by driving quality assurance policies and procedures; collaborating with others to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods
- Collaborate effectively to deliver business objectives with key cross functional partners.
- Support development and implementation of Quality strategy objectives
- Evolve quality processes to meet current and future needs while not compromising product quality and safety and always being passionate about their customer and their experience in all markets
- Post-launch management of product quality related queries and issues, including returns/ faulty good reporting and product recalls. Analysis and reporting of product performance data to identify appropriate actions to improve product quality, reduce returns and increase customer satisfaction.
- Create and nurture a product development mindset within quality.
- Provide clearly defined Quality expectations and a Quality strategy for the assigned project(s) / program(s) that includes transfer from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Develop, approve, and maintain critical Quality standards and control requirements for products and processes, embedding the principles of product lifecycle and Quality by Design.
- Critically evaluate new products and processes with respect to Quality and compliance requirements. Work with development functions and Supply Chain to improve manufacturing processes, new product introduction standards, and overall program strategy.
- Identify risks and proactively work with project teams and stakeholders to mitigate them across the product lifecycle.
- Chair appropriate governance meetings. As required, critically review proposed changes, promoting a risk-based approach to change control approvals.
- Critically review and approve relevant documents.
- Serve as a single point of contact for new product introduction, PPAP, build readiness and production readiness for the assigned product(s).
Skills & Experience:
- Leading a quality team in a product development environment, with experience of leading teams in a global matrix across different locations and a multicultural environment
- Detailed knowledge and practical understanding of regulatory requirements
- Commercially astute, understanding of costs and impact on product
- Ability to move between strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Good understanding of product development and production processes.
- Broad range of experience in relevant/ product areas and ideally an understanding of general product safety assessments.
- An understanding of how to manage multinational markets and the differing requirements/customer needs.
- Experience of quality planning and implementation of quality tools in projects
- Engineering degree or equivalent; quality qualification (e.g. CQI) or project management qualification would be an advantage
- Understanding of how quality practices can be applied to give commercial advantage
- Experience of implementing Lean philosophy would be an advantage
- Ability to build long term successful working relationships to ensure the quality culture is developed within the project teams.
- Able to influence senior stakeholders to implement change.
- Good knowledge of cGMPs and international guidelines dealing with manufacturing and quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements
- Operational Excellence skills to minimum of Green Belt level preferred
- Sound and timely decision-making and problem-solving skills in high impact situations
To apply for this role, email us with your CV by clicking the link below.
At WaveOptics you will be trusted and empowered to deliver interesting and challenging projects.
We have a knowledgeable and diverse team working at the forefront of AR and we value people who share our commitment to innovation. We have received multiple awards, such as SPIE Prism award in 2020 and 2021.
“I decided to join WaveOptics because it is carrying out R&D at the cutting edge of modern nano-photonics. The tasks that we are working on are very challenging and the only way to accomplish them is to work with the best people, and this is exactly how I would describe the team.” ARSENY ALEXEEV, DIRECTOR OF WAVEGUIDE DEVELOPMENT
Perks & Benefits
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Rocket Lawyer memberships
- Financial education programs
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs