Join WaveOptics to be part of the team delivering the key components for augmented reality eyewear. We are pioneering AR optical engine design for the consumer market.
Who you are and the role
Reporting to the Head of Optics, this role will be based in our Milton Park Offices, Oxfordshire. As part of the projector team, you will design and optimise our technology for the next generation projection systems and work overall system.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be working on the next generation of WaveOptics projectors which includes in depth design, integration and delivery experience of classical imaging optics in glass and plastic as well as micro-optics and diffractive optics
- Design and development of new optical systems including full tolerance and DFM analysis.
- We are currently a fabless operation so you will review subcontractor drawings and manufacturing capabilities
- Support NPI and mass manufacture activities by troubleshooting with key optical expertise
- Develop test requirements which include designing tests and supply specification documents
- Work with Program Managers to meet customer specifications
- Research into new methods/ materials/ processes
What we like to see
- Expert knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, geometric optics, statistics, and polarization
- Advanced level optical design/analysis – Zemax (or similar) and at least 1 stray light analysis package
- Highly analytical – capable of system analysis in MATLAB or similar
- First-hand knowledge of state-of-the-art optical component prototyping and manufacturing techniques such as diamond turning
- Excellent communication skills to ensure clear liaison within the team as well as with suppliers and customers
- Prior experience working in augmented reality, head-up displays, imaging optics and displays is preferred but not essential
At WaveOptics you will be trusted and empowered to deliver interesting and challenging projects.
We have a knowledgeable and diverse team working at the forefront of AR and we value people who share our commitment to innovation. We have received multiple awards, such as SPIE Prism award in 2020 and 2021.
“I decided to join WaveOptics because it is carrying out R&D at the cutting edge of modern nano-photonics. The tasks that we are working on are very challenging and the only way to accomplish them is to work with the best people, and this is exactly how I would describe the team.” ARSENY ALEXEEV, DIRECTOR OF WAVEGUIDE DEVELOPMENT
Perks & Benefits
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Rocket Lawyer memberships
- Financial education programs
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs
More WaveOptics Benefits!
Get in touch with our talent acquisition team to unlock the key to the full details.