WaveOptics is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) waveguides. Our waveguides have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior display to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
WaveOptics is a world leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) displays. Our displays have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior image to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
We are looking to appoint a NPI Engineer who will be based at our Headquarters near Oxford, UK and report to the Director, Manufacturing Engineering who is based in Oxford. You will have experience developing processes within NPI and transferring to mass manufacture.
- Work in a small, dynamic operations team where you will be responsible for the technical support and delivery of our waveguide designs and processes.
- Support the transfer of processes into our production line based in Weifang, Shandong, China. This will require frequent and regular visits there. WaveOptics also partners with suppliers in Europe which will also require frequent and regular visits.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer who can demonstrate great problem solving, communication and delivery.
- You will be responsible for:
- technology transfer of waveguide designs and processes and into our production lines
- new product introduction
- process development to achieve robust, reliable processes with high yields and throughput
- yield improvement
- production volume ramp
- problem solving and troubleshooting
- definition of process flows and procedures
- specification and qualification of production equipment
- identification of equipment upgrades or improvements
- other tasks which support the company manufacturing strategy
What we want to see:
- Strong BSc or higher-level degree in Physics, Optics, Photonics or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience/background in process or product engineering
- Strong technical background to be able to communicate across multiple disciplines
- Previous experience in NPI, from design concept through to production with preference in new technologies that do not have a typical process flow
- Experience working in cleanrooms and in a volume manufacturing / production environment
- Previous experience in optical devices (ie. telecoms), optical systems, display technology and assembly
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Strong attention to detail
To apply for this role, email us with your CV by clicking the link below.
At WaveOptics you will be trusted and empowered to deliver interesting and challenging projects.
We have a knowledgeable and diverse team working at the forefront of AR and we value people who share our commitment to innovation. We have received multiple awards, such as SPIE Prism award in 2020 and 2021.
“I decided to join WaveOptics because it is carrying out R&D at the cutting edge of modern nano-photonics. The tasks that we are working on are very challenging and the only way to accomplish them is to work with the best people, and this is exactly how I would describe the team.” ARSENY ALEXEEV, DIRECTOR OF WAVEGUIDE DEVELOPMENT
Perks & Benefits
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Rocket Lawyer memberships
- Financial education programs
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs