WaveOptics is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of revolutionary Augmented Reality (AR) waveguides. Our waveguides have a balance of attributes that deliver a superior display to the widest range of users with a high level of comfort.
As a Manufacturing Operations Manager you will have overall responsibility for establishing and managing our in-house waveguide, display and optical component cleanroom manufacturing facility in the UK. You will manage the manufacturing processes, systems, procedures and resources to achieve the business objectives
- Establish a new manufacturing facility and team
- Contribute towards the design and optimisation of a new manufacturing and assembly line
- Generate production schedules and commit through the manufacturing facility to achieve output deliverables in line with departmental objectives and agreed upon production plan
- Monitor production performance (quality, cost, safety and delivery) and take necessary action if issue arises that may affect production plan
- Manage and ensure efficient use of manufacturing resources, materials and equipment
- Develop and maintain programs for productivity improvement and increased operator utilization & contribution
- Ensure business policies, procedures, standard operating procedures and health & safety regulations are developed and adhered to within the manufacturing facility
- Actively pursue continuous improvement with regards to cycle time reduction programs, lean manufacturing, OEE, yield improvement, productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Ensure engineers, technicians and operators are developed appropriately and in line with the needs of the business
What we like to see:
- Degree in Engineering, Materials or Physical Sciences
- Management experience in a semiconductor fabrication or assembly of either electronic or optical components
- Experienced in equipment selection, commissioning and process set-up.
- Experience of establishing new cleanroom facilities and manufacturing teams from concept through to production readiness
- Experience with New Product Introduction
- A strong background in optical component or system assembly
- Class 5 or 6 cleanroom environment working experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Leadership capabilities to drive and deliver results through motivating multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Appreciation of both practical and theoretical methodologies
- Knowledge of troubleshooting guides, OCAPs, working documentation, safety
- Knowledge of quality systems and reliability assessment
To apply for this role, email us with your CV by clicking the link below.
At WaveOptics you will be trusted and empowered to deliver interesting and challenging projects.
We have a knowledgeable and diverse team working at the forefront of AR and we value people who share our commitment to innovation. We have received multiple awards, such as SPIE Prism award in 2020 and 2021.
“I decided to join WaveOptics because it is carrying out R&D at the cutting edge of modern nano-photonics. The tasks that we are working on are very challenging and the only way to accomplish them is to work with the best people, and this is exactly how I would describe the team.” ARSENY ALEXEEV, DIRECTOR OF WAVEGUIDE DEVELOPMENT
Perks & Benefits
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Rocket Lawyer memberships
- Financial education programs
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Meditation and yoga classes
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Speaker series, classes, and subscriptions to educational programs
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs